Calendar of Events
Mark Your Calendars!
Our series of luncheon programs runs from September to May. All programs are on Tuesdays at The Acorn Club, 1519 Locust Street, Philadelphia, beginning at 12 noon.
Parking is available at LAZ Self Park at 1500 Locust Street, across the street from the Acorn Club. This lot has an elevator to the street, if needed. Additional lots are located on Latimer Street (from Locust street, turn right on 15th Street and go a half block to turn right onto Latimer Street).
By public transportation, The Acorn Club is convenient to buses, trains, and the subway.
Our upcoming 2018-2019 luncheon season began on Tuesday, Octoberber 9, 2018. The complete series of luncheon dates for the season will be as follows:
- October 9, 2018: The Reverend Howard Storm spoke on "Jesus is the Real Deal"
- December 11, 2018: Donald Romanik spoke on "Future Shock: Is the Episcopal Church Headed for Extinction?"
- January 22, 2019: The Reverend Canon Kirk Berlenbach on "The Work of the Canon for Growth and Support"
- March 19, 2019: The Reverend Sherry Deets & John A. Miller on "The Widows Corporation, 250 Years of Becoming"
- NEXT: April 16, 2019: David Griffith of Episcopal Community Services
- June 1 (Saturday), 2019: Annual Dinner Meeting
April 16, 2019: David Griffith of Episcopal Community Services
The Episcopal Church Club of Philadelphia (ECCP) will hold its fifth luncheon of the season on Tuesday, April 16, at The Acorn Club, 1519 Locust Street, Philadelphia. Our guest speaker will be David Griffith, of the Episcopal Community Services (ECS). He will update us on the current state of this important organization. The program will start with social hour at 12 noon, followed by the luncheon at 12:30 and then the presentation. The price for the luncheon is $35 per person. There will be a cash bar for those who wish wine or other refreshments, including non-alcoholic beverages. Discounted parking is available at Park America at Academy House, 251 S. 15th St ($10 flat rate with Acorn Club stamp). For further information, call the Luncheon Chair, Nick Bisaccia, at 215-805-5917.