Thank you, Donors!
One of the most important activities of the Episcopal Church Club of Philadelphia is our scholarship program, which grants financial aid on the basis of need to seminarians from the Diocese of Pennsylvania.
Thanks to all the members of the ECCP, their parishes, and deaneries within the Diocese of Pennsylvania, who have so generously given to the Scholarship Fund! As of May 14, the 2017-2018 fundraising campaign has brought in more than $24,000.00!
Cumulatively since the program began in 1989, we have awarded $343,700 to 87 postulants!
For the academic year 2018-2019, awards totaling $24,000.00 have been granted to seven postulants. Our beneficiaries are divinity students who will go on to become Episcopal priests. Many of the postulants we have supported are now serving in our Diocese. Thus, the beneficiaries of the Scholarship Fund are not only the seminarians who will be our future clergy, but also those whom they will serve in their ministries.
The Scholarship recipients for 2018-2019 are as follows:
Congratulations to our postulants!
- Barbara Ballinger, from St. Martin's in the Fields, studying at United Lutheran Seminary
- Benjamin Capps, from The Church of the Good Samaritan, studying at United Lutheran Seminary
- John Connor, from St. Clement's Church, studying at Nashotah House
- Christopher Exley, from St. James Episcopal Church, Collegeville, studying at Virginia Theological Seminary
- Michael Palmisano, from St. Thomas' Church, Whitemarsh, studying at Virginia Theological Seminary
- Paul Reese, from the Philadelphia Cathedral, studying at Berkeley Divinity School at Yale
- Darrell Tiller, from the African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas, studying at United Lutheran Seminary